|Send email to Haus Konstruktiv|
Situated in the heart of Zurich, Museum Haus Konstruktiv is one of the leading galleries in the Swiss cultural landscape. The still-thriving mindset of the Zurich Concretists – Max Bill (1908-1994), Richard Paul Lohse (1902-1988), Verena Loewensberg (1912-1986) and Camille Graeser (1892-1980) – and the stimuli of intellectually akin conceptual art constitute the notional basis for the exhibitions and their accompanying events. The central focus is on the critical incorporation, preservation and presentation of an art-historical heritage that is highly esteemed internationally, as well as on revealing its continuing impact within contemporary art.
Founded in 1986, the museum found a new home in 2001, in the ewz-Unterwerk Selnau building: an imposing structure in the New Objectivity style. Into each of the specific themed exhibitions, relevant compilations from the high-caliber collection, which comprises over 700 pieces, are integrated – with works from the 1910s, through to the latest positions. The Rockefeller Dining Room (1963/64), conceived and implemented in New York by Swiss artist Fitz Glarner for Nelson A. Rockefeller and his wife, is a permanent installation and simultaneously the centerpiece of the collection. This walk-through painting is a prime example of a so-called "Relational Painting."
Museum Haus Konstruktiv is made uniquely attractive by its five to six exhibitions per annum, which demonstrate the link between constructivist-concrete and conceptual history and international contemporary art.